DRY FORK

MARCH 2008 & NOVEMBER 2012

DRY FORK SLOT CANYON

DRY FORK SLOT CANYON

DRY FORK SLOT CANYON

ENTRANCE TO DRY FORK SLOT


NEAR THE BEGINNING


DRY FORK SLOT CANYON

DRY FORK SLOT CANYON

DRY FORK SLOT CANYON


Dry Fork is a pleasant slot canyon located 26 miles down Hole-in-the-Rock road near Escalante. The road is a bit rough, but I was able to make it fine in a Corolla both times I visited. Dry Fork is most famous for being the gateway to Peek-A-Boo, Spooky, and Brimstone Canyons, but it also makes a nice hike in and of itself. From the parking area, the trail will drop steeply down to the bottom of Dry Fork. Once at the bottom, just follow the wash to your left into the Dry Fork narrows. I mistakenly took this to be Peek-A-Boo my first time here, and only discovered it was Dry Fork on my second visit. The narrows section goes for about a mile before opening up. It is nice easy stroll along a sandy path, with no major obstacles. I am not sure why this canyon doesn't get more attention. I actually enjoyed it more than Peek-A-Boo Canyon, which is located just a few hundred feet away.